Friday, July 13, 2012

Work and Family


I thought this chapter of the book was very interesting. We learned about different trends in the world that pertain to work and family. To be honest, it seems like most of the trends are occurring doing to selfishness. I understand the need for money. I understand that sometimes both parents have to work in order to provide for their family. Unfortunately, there are so many times when that is not the case. Mothers work because they want to get out of the house. Fathers work longer hours because the family wants a new boat. When parents work longer hours, it takes away from family time. How sad is that? Parents should try and spend as much time as possible with their children….that’s what I believe at least.

I know that every family has different circumstances and I don’t have any right to judge a family for the decisions they make. I would suggest though that families really look at their work and their family. Can they cut back on the work time at all? Is it necessary for both parents to be working? If changes can be made, I would say that they should be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment